Branches Release Notes
The updated Slack integration for Abstract Notebooks automatically shares notifications for notebook reviews to one or more of your Slack channels of choice, and unfurls Notebook links pasted into Slack.
Sometimes your ideas need a little more structure. Whether you need to track a project, take structured notes, or organize data sets, tables are a great way to organize your thoughts. Notebooks users can now add and delete tables in their Notebook by selecting the table icon in the context menu. Tables can be retrofitted to your requirements by resizing columns, adding cell colors, and multi-selecting rows, columns, and cells.
- Added the ability to edit and delete recorded decision blocks. While it's important to maintain the history of decisions in an initiative, sometime you need to correct a typo or add clarifying details or links.
- Updated the custom templates administration page to warn administrators of unsaved template changes, improve cursor movement between title and template body, and add hover text to edit and delete icons to improve accessibility.
- Users can now highlight text in a Notebook, paste a URL from the clipboard, and the text will become a link.
Images and designs are vital components to a building out a Notebook and explaining your work. We have improved the drag and drop functionality when repositioning images and designs in a Notebook to make interacting with these components easier. Here are a few updates we made to improve repositioning images and designs:
- When an image or design selected, the curser will become a hand-grab curser .
- The image or design selected will dim to illustrate that it is selected.
- A thumbnail preview of the design will display it is repositioned
- The cursor will reflect the exact location where the item will be repositioned to.
Notebooks contributors can now edit their Notebook settings to share a Notebook to anyone with the Notebook link. Unauthenticated users viewing a Notebook will be able to read the contents of the Notebook (written and image content, comments, and reviews) but will not have edit access. These unauthenticated users can create an account and request organization access to edit the Notebook.
Contributors can now add decisions to Notebooks to show how and why a design choice was made. Notebook participants can view the series of decisions made in new section at the top of the Notebook. Record a decision title and, if desired, additional information about why, where, and how the decision was made. You can even link to detailed conversations, whether those are in a Review, Comment, meeting recording, chat thread, or elsewhere.
We've collapsed the Reviews section at the top of the notebook to show only the most recent review by default. You can click "View all" to expand and view each of the notebook's existing reviews. We've also moved the "Request review" button next to the status selector to make more room for the notebook's title.
- Design isn’t linear. Moving from project to project as well as designing and building in tandem can lead to losing track of where we started. On Abstract Home, your most recently viewed notebooks and pressing action items are listed for you so that you can continue where you left off.
- Notebook reviewers can now see all their reviews at a glance on the review tab. Reviews are categorized by Assigned to me, My Reviews, and Completed reviews. Users of both Branches and Notebooks can toggle between the reviews that are visible.
- Templates save teams time and ensure that Notebooks have consistent content. Enterprise organizations can now extend the default set of Notebook templates to include custom-defined templates which meet the specific needs of their organizations.
Notebooks Contributors can now resolve individual comments made by themselves or others within a Notebook to indicate that the comment does not require further conversation.
Fixed a crash scenario when saving files from sketch.
We've fixed an issue that prevents users using older sketch versions from importing or updating some sketch documents if they are created with recent versions of sketch.
We've fixed an issue that prevents users from opening documents with plugin versions 256 and earlier using Sketch 82 beta.
We've fixed an issue related to our Sketch plugin that currently blocks some users from using Abstract with Sketch version 81.1.
We've added the ability for users to export all active projects in their Branches organizations at once, rather than exporting each project individually.
We've fixed an issue related to our Sketch plugin that currently blocks users from using Abstract with Sketch version 76. This fix also makes using Sketch + Abstract more performant, as we are no longer generating unneeded previews when using the plugin.
- All members now load in the desktop app when viewed.
- The changes button is now always operable.
- Fixed some help article links so people are routed to the right place.
- Resolved an issue relating to opening and exporting Sketch files for customers who use both Sketch and XD.
We've added the ability to start a trial of our Branches product directly from our website
We have shipped a new major version of our Branches desktop app (v98) with a number of performance and usability improvements including:
- Stability and performance of Branches Sketch plugin while opening and saving Sketch documents
- Branches Sketch plugin (Reduced in size by about 1MB)
- When a file is uploaded to Sketch Workspace, closed, then reopened, Branches users have to upload the file to Sketch Workspace as a new file instead of being able to update the already existing instance. This workflow is not ideal so we have updated our Sketch plugin to reallocate with the appropriate Sketch file.
- Correct timing dependent commit condition that resulted in the loss of recent commits.
- Remove the Open Quick Commit button from Branches app as it opens an old commit, Quick Commit happens over in the Sketch plugin.
- Contributors can now leave multi-line commit messages!
- Some odd interactions between the Sketch editing file and the .abstractBackup file that may have prevented committing work on a branch have been resolved.
- Resolved an uncommon bug that caused Sketch to crash when committing.
- Abstract and the Gallery Sketch plugin are more compatible now.
- When using Safari, on hover in preview and Collections layers, the overlay controls no longer remain visible after hovering.
- Projects once again correctly sort by with the “recently updated” option.
- Organizations owners are now able to leave the organization when other org admins exist via the Personal Settings menu.
- The notifications window should now close as expected after clicking on a notification.