Branches Release Notes
The updated Slack integration for Abstract Notebooks automatically shares notifications for notebook reviews to one or more of your Slack channels of choice, and unfurls Notebook links pasted into Slack.
- Notebooks users can easily cut and copy images and frames in a Notebook using common keyboard shortcuts Cmd/Ctrl+X and Cmd/Ctrl+C.
- Images and frames copied and pasted into the same Notebook will retain all annotations and comments. Those pasted to differing Notebooks will simply paste the image or frame.
- Copy and pasted Figma frames will continue retain the link to Figma.
Get back to your original Figma file right from your notebook. Users can now link a Figma frame to a file, and Abstract will link all frames from that file across the organization.
Learn more here.
- Users can now paste images from their clipboards into their notebooks - no more saving content to your desktop!
Branches Pro administration
- Updated billing plans to include Branches Pro plan. New Branches organizations can now self-administer and select this plan, which allows unlimited Contributor seats to be added.
Improved Notebook Template Selection
- We've improved the experience to select a template when you create a notebook.
Project naming conventions
- Changed project naming conventions to remove restriction on project name uniqueness.
* Elevated static images to behave in the same way as imported artboards - users can now double-click to see the detail view and add comments and annotations to new images.
Figma and Sketch plugin updates
- Only show projects with notebooks that you can make updates to.
- (Sketch only) Adds support for dark mode.
- A new Jira integration connects design and development work together in a Notebook.
- See the status, priority, ticket name, and last updated date of Jira ticket links inside Notebooks.
New onboarding experience
- New users will now see a pre-made Notebook in a private project, walking them through the key features and capabilities of Notebooks.
Comment edit indicators
- If a comment it edited and updated, users will see the text (edited) inline with their comment.
Moving Notebooks between projects
- When needed, users can now change which project their Notebooks lives in to better organize their work.
- The series of Notebook updates, reviews, and comments are available by clicking the activity icon in the upper right corner of the Notebook. Activities include the user making the change as well as the time it occurred and repeated events are consolidated into a single activity.
- For example, if you left 5 comments in a notebook, 1 comment activity will be logged to note that you've left 5 comments. Activities will be rolled up for Notebook content updates, frame additions and updates, and when adding reviewers.
This week, we began sending a weekly email which gives an overview of Notebook activity in each organization. The email includes:
- Notebooks that require attention (because of outstanding reviews, inactivity, or a notable change in status)
- Most active notebooks in the last week
- General activity counts in the last week (Notebooks opened/closed, and Reviews opened/closed)
Create focused comments and collaborate using annotations on imported Figma/Sketch frames
- Click [A] for a quick shortcut to create either a single-point or rectangular annotation.
- On/off toggle to temporarily hide annotations from view.
- Click an annotation box to scroll its associated comment into view.
- Edit an annotation after you’ve submitted your comment by editing the comment.
We've added the ability to post comments in review threads, making each review more interactive and iterative
- Any Contributor can comment in a review thread without having been requested for a review.
- Requested reviewers are able to comment and optionally submit their review as Approved or Changes Requested.
We’ve released a new Sketch Plugin which integrates directly with Notebooks.
- Add and arrange designs directly from Sketch into beautiful presentations that display your work and the context behind it.
- Access all your Notebooks from within Sketch, and publish any artboards or components you’ve worked on in one click.
- Update all your work in Notebooks in a single click, without leaving Sketch or having to rearrange or recreate presentations of your work for review.
Fixed a crash scenario when saving files from sketch.
We've fixed an issue that prevents users using older sketch versions from importing or updating some sketch documents if they are created with recent versions of sketch.
We've fixed an issue that prevents users from opening documents with plugin versions 256 and earlier using Sketch 82 beta.
We've fixed an issue related to our Sketch plugin that currently blocks some users from using Abstract with Sketch version 81.1.
We've added the ability for users to export all active projects in their Branches organizations at once, rather than exporting each project individually.
We've fixed an issue related to our Sketch plugin that currently blocks users from using Abstract with Sketch version 76. This fix also makes using Sketch + Abstract more performant, as we are no longer generating unneeded previews when using the plugin.
- All members now load in the desktop app when viewed.
- The changes button is now always operable.
- Fixed some help article links so people are routed to the right place.
- Resolved an issue relating to opening and exporting Sketch files for customers who use both Sketch and XD.
We've added the ability to start a trial of our Branches product directly from our website
We have shipped a new major version of our Branches desktop app (v98) with a number of performance and usability improvements including:
- Stability and performance of Branches Sketch plugin while opening and saving Sketch documents
- Branches Sketch plugin (Reduced in size by about 1MB)
- When a file is uploaded to Sketch Workspace, closed, then reopened, Branches users have to upload the file to Sketch Workspace as a new file instead of being able to update the already existing instance. This workflow is not ideal so we have updated our Sketch plugin to reallocate with the appropriate Sketch file.
- Correct timing dependent commit condition that resulted in the loss of recent commits.
- Remove the Open Quick Commit button from Branches app as it opens an old commit, Quick Commit happens over in the Sketch plugin.
- Contributors can now leave multi-line commit messages!
- Some odd interactions between the Sketch editing file and the .abstractBackup file that may have prevented committing work on a branch have been resolved.
- Resolved an uncommon bug that caused Sketch to crash when committing.
- Abstract and the Gallery Sketch plugin are more compatible now.
- When using Safari, on hover in preview and Collections layers, the overlay controls no longer remain visible after hovering.
- Projects once again correctly sort by with the “recently updated” option.
- Organizations owners are now able to leave the organization when other org admins exist via the Personal Settings menu.
- The notifications window should now close as expected after clicking on a notification.