The updated Slack integration for Abstract Notebooks automatically shares notifications for notebook reviews to one or more of your Slack channels of choice, and unfurls Notebook links pasted into Slack.
Notebooks Contributors can now resolve individual comments made by themselves or others within a Notebook to indicate that the comment does not require further conversation.
Get back to your original Figma file right from your notebook. Users can now link a Figma frame to a file, and Abstract will link all frames from that file across the organization.
Learn more here.
- Users can now paste images from their clipboards into their notebooks - no more saving content to your desktop!
Branches Pro administration
- Updated billing plans to include Branches Pro plan. New Branches organizations can now self-administer and select this plan, which allows unlimited Contributor seats to be added.
Improved Notebook Template Selection
- We've improved the experience to select a template when you create a notebook.
Project naming conventions
- Changed project naming conventions to remove restriction on project name uniqueness.
* Elevated static images to behave in the same way as imported artboards - users can now double-click to see the detail view and add comments and annotations to new images.
Figma and Sketch plugin updates
- Only show projects with notebooks that you can make updates to.
- (Sketch only) Adds support for dark mode.
- A new Jira integration connects design and development work together in a Notebook.
- See the status, priority, ticket name, and last updated date of Jira ticket links inside Notebooks.
New onboarding experience
- New users will now see a pre-made Notebook in a private project, walking them through the key features and capabilities of Notebooks.
Comment edit indicators
- If a comment it edited and updated, users will see the text (edited) inline with their comment.
Moving Notebooks between projects
- When needed, users can now change which project their Notebooks lives in to better organize their work.
- The series of Notebook updates, reviews, and comments are available by clicking the activity icon in the upper right corner of the Notebook. Activities include the user making the change as well as the time it occurred and repeated events are consolidated into a single activity.
- For example, if you left 5 comments in a notebook, 1 comment activity will be logged to note that you've left 5 comments. Activities will be rolled up for Notebook content updates, frame additions and updates, and when adding reviewers.
This week, we began sending a weekly email which gives an overview of Notebook activity in each organization. The email includes:
- Notebooks that require attention (because of outstanding reviews, inactivity, or a notable change in status)
- Most active notebooks in the last week
- General activity counts in the last week (Notebooks opened/closed, and Reviews opened/closed)
Create focused comments and collaborate using annotations on imported Figma/Sketch frames
- Click [A] for a quick shortcut to create either a single-point or rectangular annotation.
- On/off toggle to temporarily hide annotations from view.
- Click an annotation box to scroll its associated comment into view.
- Edit an annotation after you’ve submitted your comment by editing the comment.
We've added the ability to post comments in review threads, making each review more interactive and iterative
- Any Contributor can comment in a review thread without having been requested for a review.
- Requested reviewers are able to comment and optionally submit their review as Approved or Changes Requested.
We’ve released a new Sketch Plugin which integrates directly with Notebooks.
- Add and arrange designs directly from Sketch into beautiful presentations that display your work and the context behind it.
- Access all your Notebooks from within Sketch, and publish any artboards or components you’ve worked on in one click.
- Update all your work in Notebooks in a single click, without leaving Sketch or having to rearrange or recreate presentations of your work for review.
- We have updated various dependencies to ensure better performance and security. This helps in maintaining the app's robustness and reliability.
Improved Compatibility with Older Sketch Versions
- Understanding the diverse needs of our users, this update includes improved compatibility with older versions of Sketch. Now, users working on different versions of Sketch can experience seamless integration with our app.
Updated Emojis Library
- Emojis are a fun and integral part of digital communication. We've updated our emojis library to include the latest emojis, ensuring you have access to a wide range of expressions for your creative work.
This version includes minor bug fixes and performance improvements
User experience improvements, performance enhancements, and bug fixes*
* Bug fix to note: solved an issue where new team members could not be added as Guests or Viewers due to "not having enough contributor seats". This was illogical, as Guests & Viewers don't require paid contributor seats in order to be added to organizations.
FYI: this update will need to be installed "manually" as per the below:
- Click on Abstract in the Apple menu bar, usually located at the top of your screen.
- Click Restart and Install Update.
- Your app will restart, and you now have the latest version.
Performance upgrades and bug fixes
This version includes minor bug fixes and performance improvements
Compatibility with new Sketch version 95.2
This version includes security updates and minor bug fixes
Bug Fixes & Updates
- Fixed "infinite loader" bug when a) creating collections in projects without files, and b) clicking the COMMIT link from component preview page.
- Upgraded macOS desktop app to use Electron v21 (recommended).
- Fixes a critical issue that doesn't allow you to resolve Branch Conflicts when selecting Artboards while updating your branch from Main (Master).
- Fixes a bug which causes dozens of pesky "Generating preview" messages to stack up while importing large Sketch files with many elements.
Fixes incompatibility issues with Sketch 94, including the creation of new Sketch files via Abstract
- Fixed issue where Macs with M2 chips running Abstract would continue to use CPU power even after quitting the app.
- Fixed problem where in certain edge cases, the Branch name displayed on review-related comments & notifications could be wrong.
- Debug Logs now accurately capture all MacOS versions (including many older OS versions)
- "Master" branch renamed to "Main"
- Artboards with custom names no longer erroneously lose their name upon switching their default Sketch artboard template.
- Auto-deleted preview images from old project branches & collections now restore faster.
- Removed functionality to add new or edit existing Adobe XD files (no longer supported).