Before setting up SCIM provisioning, you’ll need to configure SAML single sign-on using Okta. Additionally, you’ll need to generate a personal access token via the Abstract SDK, as well as a SCIM login JSON file.
- In Okta, go to the Settings page, and select API Integration.
- Click Configure API Integration.
- Check the box next to Enable API Integration.
- Enter the credentials you retrieved when generating a personal access token.
Note: These credentials are different than what you use to log in to Abstract.
- Click Test API Credentials.
- Click Save.
- In Okta, go to the Settings page, and select To App.
- Select which features you wish to enable:
- Create Users
- Update User Attributes
- Deactivate Users
- Click Save.
- In Okta, go to the Assignments page.
- Click Assign.
- Choose the users you wish to provision.
In order to set up SCIM provisioning, you’ll need to generate a personal access token.
To generate a personal access token:
- Login to Abstract’s web app with your Admin credentials.
- Visit Abstract’s Tokens page.
- Select Create API Token and follow the prompts.
- Next, open the Abstract web app to locate your Organization ID.
Note: From the Abstract homepage, you can find your Org ID in the URL, e.g. https://app.abstract.com/organizations/<org_id>/projects.
- Open a shell to run this curl command:
curl https://api.goabstract.com/organizations/<org_id>/generate_scim_login -H "Authorization: Bearer <personal_access_token>"
The returned JSON will include your username and password.