When you use a symbol from a Linked Library, we indicate that the symbol has been used in the Project with a Virtual Page (outlined in pink below). Virtual Pages display these symbols to you in the form Virtual Pages help track the symbol contents of your work at a glance right from Abstract.
It may look as though a library is “embedded in itself” or duplicated if there is a symbol titled the same as the Library name.
If you no longer use a symbol in your Sketch file, you can remove the Virtual Page from the Project.
To remove a Virtual Page:
- Open the Abstract desktop app.
- Select the Project with Virtual Pages you’d like to remove.
- Select Master from the left side pane.
- Click the FILES tab at the top.
- Select the symbol you’d like to remove.
- Click EDIT IN SKETCH.
- Create a Branch titled something like “Remove [symbol] Virtual Page”.
- In Sketch, select the symbol in the left side pane.
- In the right side pane in the SYMBOL section, click the down arrow next to the symbol’s name.
- Select Organize Imported Symbols….
- Select the symbol from the list.
- Click the icon.
- Select Unlink from Library.
- Save and commit changes.
The Virtual Page should be removed.
💡Abstract tip: Did you know we offer webinars about Abstract Libraries? Sign up for our next live webinar or watch a recording.