Once your Branch is reviewed and approved, you’re ready to merge your changes to Master. Merging a Branch makes those designs part of Master. Any Contributor can merge any Branch to Master.
As of version 85.0 of Abstract, you must be online in order to merge to Master.
To merge a Branch:
- Open the Abstract desktop app.
Note: You must be online in order to merge to Master.
- Select the Project that contains the Branch you’d like to merge.
- Select Branches from the left side pane.
- Select the Branch you’d like to merge.
Note: You can merge child Branches into their parent Branch or parent Branches into Master.
- Click MERGE BRANCH in the top right corner.
You may need to update before you can merge. As you update, you’ll be notified if there are any conflicts to resolve.
- Leave a note for your team about what changes you’re merging.
- Click MERGE AND ARCHIVE.
You’ll find a record of your Merge in the Commit History.
Committing changes creates a bookmark you can come back to if needed. Committing doesn’t affect Master.
Merging a Branch makes the designs of that Branch part of Master.