Once your Branch is reviewed and approved, you’re ready to merge your changes to Master. Merging a Branch makes those designs part of Master. Any Contributor can merge any Branch to Master.
To merge a Branch:
- Open the Abstract desktop app.
- Select the Project that contains the Branch you’d like to merge.
- Select Branches from the left side pane.
- Select the Branch you’d like to merge.
Note: You can merge child Branches into their parent Branch or parent Branches into Master.
- Click MERGE BRANCH in the top right corner.
You may need to update before you can merge. As you update, you’ll be notified if there are any conflicts to resolve.
- Leave a note for your team about what changes you’re merging.
- Click MERGE AND ARCHIVE.
You’ll find a record of your Merge in the Commit History.
Committing changes creates a bookmark you can come back to if needed. Committing doesn’t affect Master.
Merging a Branch makes the designs of that Branch part of Master.