Abstract is a design workflow platform for teams to version, manage, and collaborate on Sketch files. Since launching in July 2017, over 5,000 design teams across 75 countries have adopted Abstract, including teams from Cisco, Intuit, Spotify, Salesforce, Instacart, OpenTable, and more.
At Abstract, we are actively working to build a diverse and inclusive organization. Here, diversity includes age, economic class, educational background, ethnic variance, familial status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, national origin, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, or veteran status.
Abstract is headquartered in San Francisco but many of our teams and roles are remote-first (US-based only at this time). If you have a passion for rolling up your sleeves, building new programs, and have a strong, team-player mentality, we’d love to hear from you!
About the Role
At Abstract we develop desktop and web applications that help teams design with confidence by providing a version control system and collaboration platform focused on design artifacts. We are looking for an engineer to help us build UI and features for our desktop and web applications.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with designers on new React components for our growing shared component library.
- Triage and fix bugs, often working directly with our customers.
- Participate in peer code reviews through pull requests to make sure we're moving fast while also maintaining a quality codebase.
- Participate in PR reviews and give useful feedback to peers.
- Contribute to server-side APIs — through code, peer review, or both — that are needed to ship features.
- Mentor junior developers and help them grow in confidence and capability.
- Communicate proactively, especially with team members and squad management, about the progress of work.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience building products and UI using modern web technologies.
- An analytical mindset. You think critically about your work, ask questions, approach problems from different angles, and are excited to improve the product.
- A customer-centric lens. You look forward to working with them so we can identify pain points and create solutions.
- Enthusiasm to problem solve. When things inevitably break, you eagerly jump in to diagnose and fix the core issues.
- Clear communication skills. You can clearly discuss and explain complex technical topics.
- A passion for learning, and a commitment to sharing what you know with others.
At Abstract, we offer resources that emphasize personal and familial wellbeing. We provide 99% healthcare coverage, including dental, vision, and life insurance. We offer 10 weeks parental leave, unlimited paid-time off, and flexible working arrangements. Additional perks include dependent care and health care FSA as well as commuter benefits for SF office employees.
To help employees plan for the future, we're able to offer competitive pay and a 401k.
We are a distributed team and we are able to offer US-based remote employment for most roles. We offer travel opportunities for company meetings, team meet-ups, and the occasional conference.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis; Elastic Projects will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
As part of our security protocols, offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check.