Abstract is a design workflow platform for teams to version, manage, and collaborate on Sketch files. Since launching in July 2017, over 5,000 design teams across 75 countries have adopted Abstract, including teams from Cisco, Intuit, Spotify, Salesforce, Instacart, OpenTable, and more.
At Abstract, we are actively working to build a diverse and inclusive organization. Here, diversity includes age, economic class, educational background, ethnic variance, familial status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, national origin, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, or veteran status.
Abstract is headquartered in San Francisco but many of our teams and roles are remote-first (US-based only at this time). If you have a passion for rolling up your sleeves, building new programs, and have a strong, team-player mentality, we’d love to hear from you!
Location: This position will be based out of our SF office and report to our VP Finance.
What You'll Do:
- Own the general ledger and data underlying the financial statements (Quickbooks)
- Deliver timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual close process
- Perform and manage the accounts payable function and ensure accurate and timely processing of vendor bills in Bill.com
- Review employee expense reports (including corporate credit cards) for compliance with our travel and expense policy and manage the expense reporting system (Expensify)
- Own the order-to-cash process by ensuring all customers are invoiced timely, cash collections are appropriately applied, revenue is recognized in accordance with US GAAP, and deferred revenue and A/R are reconciled
- Reconcile all bank statements monthly and ensure all bank activity is timely and accurately recorded
- Identify and track fixed assets and manage the fixed asset subledger and depreciation
- Assess and track accruals and prepaid expenses as necessary
- Assist in the documentation and implementation of processes to ensure excellent internal controls
- Assist in the audit process
- Assist with ad-hoc financial information requests from Executive Management and other departments
What You'll Bring:
- 4-6 years of experience including 1-2 years at a Big Four firm and 2-3 years on an accounting team
- BS Accounting or related degree and CPA preferred
- Deep knowledge of US GAAP with experience in consolidation and financial statement preparation
- Enthusiasm to take on responsibilities and lay the foundation of our Accounting team
Bonus points if you have:
- “Roll-up the sleeves” approach to accomplish all necessary tasks
- Commitment to excellence and impeccable ethical standards and integrity
- Ability to conduct accounting research and document findings
- Knowledge of Quickbooks, Bill.com and Expensify a plus
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and deliver
- Self-motivation and desire to excel