Abstract is a design workflow platform for teams to version, manage, and collaborate on Sketch files. Since launching in July 2017, over 5,000 design teams across 75 countries have adopted Abstract, including teams from Shopify, Cisco, Intuit, Spotify, Salesforce, Instacart, OpenTable, and more.
At Abstract, we are actively working to build a diverse and inclusive organization. Here, diversity includes age, economic class, educational background, ethnic variance, familial status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, national origin, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, or veteran status.
Abstract is headquartered in San Francisco but many of our teams and roles are remote-first (US-based only at this time). If you have a passion for rolling up your sleeves, building new programs, and have a strong, team-player mentality, we’d love to hear from you! Please note: this role is based out of San Francisco, CA.
Our Director of People Ops is a key member of the leadership team. They and their team will provide innovative and enthusiastic support to our dispersed and remote teams. Using an inclusion lens, this role will serve as a thought partner to employees, guiding the company talent strategy, and act as a key steward of Abstract’s culture.
A successful candidate will balance compassion with integrity, strategy with intuition and rigor with humor or joy. This role will support and manage HR as well as closely partner with Recruiting and Facilities—a team of 6 today— and growing these teams as needed. This role will partner with the Recruitment and Inclusion team to drive our hiring, ensure that our values are much more than just talk, and build a team that literally embodies those values.
What you'll do:
This role will oversee all areas of People and Inclusion, including but not limited to:
- The Employee Lifecycle (onboarding experience, employee success, and post-employment)
- We strive to hire a team that pushes us all to be better! That includes a real commitment to building a diverse team that feels engaged and that they belong here at Abstract.
- Performance Management Strategy
- Develop and implement a set of strategies managers use to inform and track performance. Creating a feedback-rich culture at Abstract.
- Manager 1:1s (check-in and follow-up)
- Assess current team strengths/opportunities for growth. Discover areas for training/improvement and implement creative solutions to address. Implement Performance Improvement Plans and terminations as needed.
- Leadership Development
- Help us define what it means to be a manager and leader at Abstract. Let's create an amazing Talent Management Program together.
- Change and Growth
- We are growing fast and need your support! Deeply understand the business to anticipate the needs of the company, which will include some very cool organizational design work.
None of the above matters if the basics aren’t solid! You will make sure everyone is paid fairly and on time. They have wonderful benefits and we have a solid understanding of our employee data.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent field related experience, startup experience is preferred.
- Passion for and/or experience with recruitment, inclusion and belonging.
- Experience in progressive HR Management roles or an equivalent field related experience.
- High-level ethical behavior and ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Deep knowledge of local and federal employment laws and regulations.
At Abstract, we offer resources that emphasize personal and familial wellbeing. We provide 99% healthcare coverage, including dental, vision, and life insurance. We offer 10 weeks parental leave, unlimited paid-time off, and flexible working arrangements. Additional perks include dependent care and health care FSA as well as commuter benefits for SF office employees.
To help employees plan for the future, we're able to offer competitive pay and a 401k.
We offer travel opportunities for company meetings, team meet-ups, and the occasional conference.
This position is based out of our San Francisco HQ office. Currently, we're currently only able to hire US-based candidates.
As part of our security protocols, offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check.